Thursday, November 3, 2011

A true calling....

A deeper calling has been stirring in me for the past few weeks, what is a true Christian is like?
A Christian, is not about I am holy & you are not, because, we are all imperfect before we met Jesus. But, as we grew & became better, there are tendency we will fall into this.

I am not being stereotype here, is just something I experience. Today, as walking pass a Exit Staircase, I saw a 20plus lady smoking. A question just comes into my mind that kind of give me some insight "Are you going to be the one that says, I am holy, i won't mix with this group of people OR will you be the one talking, listening & be a true friend to them?"

Now, i started to realize that, a Christian is not to show how good or even how holy we are, that is already considered pride. In fact, we should carries humility & not judging the people of what they doing, but be the person who accepts them for who they are & be there for them.

A true power of change, does not lie in how well you carry your life, but how you use it to be a blessing to people around you.

"Bible tells us that, Jesus never judge Matthew because of his career-tax collector, and Matthew has turn to become a great disciple of Christ that you & me know today"

But there are something I need to clarify, yes, I believe, a Christian should be a blessing to the people around us. But, it does not mean, you put yourself into a place where you know is not right to get in touch with the people, for example, Halloween, Clubbing...etc. I won't have any further explanation about this, but I found something that clearly explain this gray area : http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/halloween.html .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meow Puff!